|The Royal Gallery - built in 1700 |
when the newly crowned King Frederick IV visited Norway
|The Eye of the Holy Trinity and the Hand of the Creator - |
painted by Borgar Hauglid - gift to the church in 1952;
|The Crucifixion and the Resurrection - also by Haughlid|
|Mary at the Conception - part of seven stained glass windows in the chancel that were designed by Emanuel Vigland and a gift to the church in 1910.|
|The Last Supper - Altarpiece - |
designed by unknown Dutch artist and finished by Norwegian woodcarvers
|Seraph carrying the symbol of suffering, the cross|
|Seraph carrying the dove, a symbol of the Holy Spirit and peace|
|The main organ from 1998 with a baroque facade from 1727. On the ceiling, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Elijah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel (in person they were even stranger...it kind of looked like Scotty was transporting them somewhere!)|
The massive bronze doors were made by Dagfin Werenskiold and were installed in 1938 with motifs based on the Beatitudes from the Sermon on the Mount...
Next time - the conference!